Kate Petty from the Health and Wellbeing team shares another savoury recipe with you.
Here is a super quick and easy flatbread recipe that contains no yeast. Perfect for having with tzatziki for a Greek themed night or dipping into a curry if you fancy an Indian!
Easy homemade flatbreads
Prep time: 5 mins + 30 mins rest if you have time Cooking time: 3/4 mins per flatbread Quantity: makes 4 flatbreads
- 300g plain flour
- 50g butter
- 185ml milk
- Sprinkle of salt
- Melt the butter in the microwave or on the hob
- Combine the flour and salt and then pour in the melted butter and the milk. Stir with a spoon until all of the ingredients are mixed together and the dough forms a ball
- Sprinkle a little flour on your work surface and knead the dough for a few minutes
- Leave the dough to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes if you have time. I’ve made the flat breads without allowing resting time and it’s still worked fine so it isn’t essential
- Once time is up, cut the dough in half and then cut each half into two so you have four segments. Roll into balls and roll out until roughly 1cm rounds
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium heat and place one flatbread in the pain. Cook until the dough starts to bubble. This is when you know it’s time to flip it over and cook the other side. Make sure to push the dough down with a spatula if air pockets rise. Brown spots should appear on the flatbread like the image above
- Repeat until you have cooked each flatbread. Keep the cooked flatbreads wrapped in a tea towel to retain the softness