Gone are the days of buying sugary supermarket flapjacks. These flapjacks taste great just by themselves so you can grab and go if needs be or dress up as part of a breakfast or snack. We like having them with some greek yoghurt.
Kate Petty from the Physical Activity and Wellbeing team shares another recipe for you to try. This time it’s a sweet recipe that’s great for breakfast or as a snack throughout the day.
Berry and peanut butter flapjack recipe
Prep time: 5 mins Cooking time: 25 mins Quantity: makes 8-10 bars depending on how big you slice them
- 160g oats
- 10g chia seeds
- 120g fresh or frozen berries
- 50g peanut butter
- 20g honey (use agave if you want to make it vegan)
- 250ml of any type of milk
- sprinkle of salt
- Preheat fan oven to 180 degrees and grease/line a 20x20cm baking tin
- Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and combine
- Pour into your tin and level off with a spatula or back of a spoon
- Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes until the flapjack has firmed up. We recommend checking on it after 20 minutes
And that’s it! A quick and healthy option for you. We hope you like this recipe!