Improving your form
Personal Trainer, Lucia, gives you some top tips on how to complete some basic home exercises with correct form. These can be done in any space with minimal equipment.
1. The plank
The Plank is a fantastic, static exercise which strengthens your core.
- Keep your hands below your shoulders and fingers spread out.
- Make sure you keep your core tight and back straight, with a gap between your ear and shoulder.
- If you’re finding it hard to balance, you can move your feet further apart.
- If that’s too difficult, you can drop down to your elbows. This will put less pressure on your shoulders.
Sit-ups are a great exercise for building strength in the abdominal muscles.
- Sit up tall and keep your core tight.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your knees apart.
- Curl down in a C shape, breathing in.
- Breathe out as you come up slowly, maintaining the C shape.
- Keep your hands by the sides of your legs.
3. Split Squats
Split squats are a great way to improve muscle balance and range of motion while activating quads and glutes.
- Keep both your knee’s at a 90 degree angle.
- Push up through front foot.
- Keep your back straight and core tight.
- Breathe in as you come down and out as you come up.
4. Triceps Dips
Triceps dips are a very popular exercise that can be done almost anywhere to engage the triceps muscles and improve strength.
- Use a bench/chair that is around knee high.
- As you go down, stay close to the bench, pointing elbows back and keeping them close to your body.
- To make the exercise harder, you can move your feet further away or fully extend legs and rest on your heels
There are many other great workouts for you to try in our Hub.