Kate Petty, from the Health and Wellbeing team, shares another tasty recipe for you to try.
These apple cinnamon protein muffins are great to grab and go, whether you have one for breakfast or as a healthy snack throughout the day!
Apple & cinnamon protein muffins
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 25 mins or until golden brown and skewer comes away clean Quantity: Makes 9 muffins
- 100g oats
- 2 eggs
- 2 apples, grated
- 2 scoops of protein powder (I used vanilla. Vanilla or unflavoured is best for this recipe)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 100ml of unsweetened almond milk
- Half a tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
Optional topping: I used oats. Other toppings could include nuts or seeds.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin cases. Preheat oven to 160C fan
- Blend oats to a flour consistency and set aside in a large mixing bowl
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the oats bowl
- Mix in the grated apple and add the eggs and stir well
- Pour the almond milk into the bowl and mix to combine the ingredients
- Fill each muffin case so that it’s 2/3 full with mixture
- Sprinkle oats (or other topping) on each muffin
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and the skewer comes away clean
- Leave the muffins to cool and store them in an airtight container
These muffins will keep for 1 week, or place them in a sandwich bag in the freezer and take them out as and when you want them. Enjoy!