Everything your kids could want …
With bouldering wall and several 8m high top‐roping/leading walls including slabs, overhangs, a chimney and a featured jamming crack it doesn’t get much better than this!
From Climbing clubs to Climbing badges – here’s all the ways your child can get involved;
Rock Ninja’s Climbing Club £35
Duration: Ongoing in 5 week x 90mins blocks
Once your child has completed the course and would like to take their climbing to the next level, they can continue to develop their skills on our Rock Ninja’s climbing club.
It is a weekly club with guided development using the National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme. This nationally recognised scheme rewards your effort and progress with badges and certificates.
Taster Sessions £4
Duration: 30min session
- A taster session is a great opportunity to try indoor climbing for the first time in a fun, relaxed session with a qualified instructor.
- It lasts for 30mins, no previous experience is required and all equipment will be provided.
- The minimum age is 7 years old and we recommend that you arrive 10mins before the start of the session to complete the consent form
Children’s Introductory Climbing Course £35
Duration: 3 hours
- Once your child has enjoyed a taster you can book them onto the Introductory Climbing Course (please note it is not a requirement but would be advisable to have completed a taster session to join the club).
- This is an introduction to joining the ‘Rock Ninja’s’ climbing clubs.
- Over this 3 hour course, you will learn the basic skills needed to join the club, which include fitting your own harness, tying your own knots and climbing techniques.
- Please not that we recommend that your child wears comfortable clothes that allow easy movement and the temperature can vary so please bring warm clothing. They should wear snug fitting Velcro or lace up trainers rather than slip on shoes and ensure all jewellery and items from their pockets are removed.
The National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme (NICAS) is a UK wide scheme which is designed to promote climbing development and accredit individual achievement in climbing walls. It is aimed at candidates aged 7 years and upwards and can be used as a starting point for people wanting to take up climbing or mountaineering.
We deliver Nicas level 1 through to 3:
- Level 1 Foundation Climber
An entry level aimed at novices that recognises their ability to climb safely under supervision.
Aimed at novices. Under supervision from our instructors, climbers will develop a knowledge and understanding of climbing skills.
- Level 2 Top Rope Climber
Aimed at promoting good practice in climbing and bouldering unsupervised on an artificial wall.
Further development of the climbing and bouldering skills learnt in Level 1. Depending on their age, climbers will progress to climbing/belaying independently of an instructor.
- Level 3 Technical Climber
A more advanced top roping and bouldering level that focuses on developing technique and movement skills.
For more information on NICAS please visit their website NICAS.co.uk